This section is all about the IDE experience in Oxygene, from writing your code over managing your project to building and testing your applications.
Oxygene uses the Visual Studio 2012 IDE, which is included as part of the product, for the majority of these development tasks. For development targeting other platforms (in particular the Cocoa platforms and Android), Oxygene inside Visual Studio (running on Windows) will communicate with tools on the Mac, as necessary, using a small utility called CrossBox.
- Visual Studio IDE — a general overview and introduction.
- Code Editor — what you do best: writing code.
- Visual Designers — working with the visual designers for WPF, WinForms, XAML, ASP.NET or .xib and .storyboard files.
- Build Toolchain — how you get from source code to shippable product.
- Debugging — testing, debugging and profiling your apps.
- Project Management — managing project content, compiler options, and more.
- Templates — an overview over the templates Oxygene provides to get new projects started or add new files to existing projects.
Further topics of interest:
- Configuring the IDE via the Options Dialog
- Oxidizer — converting C#, Java, Objective-C and Delphi code.
All IDE topics: Add Reference (Mono) — Advanced Breakpoints (Visual Studio) — Android Templates — Android XML Code Completion — Breakpoints (Visual Studio) — Build Toolchain — Class Completion (wip) — Class Navigation — Code Completion — Code Editor — Code Flow Analysis — Code Folding — Create Variable and Create Method — Cross Linking — Debug Hints — Debug Windows (Visual Studio) — Debugging — Expression Evaluator — Fix-Its — FxCop Code Analysis — Gendarme Code Analysis — Go To Definition (wip) — IDE Integration (Visual Studio) — Import and Export Environment Settings — Import as Oxygene — Inline Errors (wip) — Item Templates — Keyboard Shortcuts — Mac OS X Project Templates (.NET) — MacPack — MacPack (MSBuild Task) — Method Hints (wip) — Mono Project Templates — Mono within Visual Studio — MSBuild — NIB File Code Generators (Monobjc) — Options Dialog — Oxidizer — Parenthesis and Keyword-Pair Matching — Paste as Oxygene — PIA Import Support — Preflight Checks — Project Configurations — Project Options (Application) — Project Options (Build Events) — Project Options (Build) — Project Options (Debug) — Project Options (MacPack) — Project Options (Reference Paths) — Project Options (Resources) — Project Options (Settings) — Project Options (Signing) — Project Properties — Project Properties (Compatibility) — Project Switcher — Project Templates — Property Browser — References In Visual Studio — Resource Files — Running and Debugging Android Applications — Running and Debugging Cocoa Applications — Solution Explorer — Sync Editing — Text Editor Options — Visual Studio Custom Tools — Web Templates